Organic foods are those foods that are grown, processed and packaged without using chemicals. Organic gardening uses organic seeds, organic fertilizers, compost, organic root stimulators, and organic pest control. They have been accepted due to their apparent health benefits over chemically grown food.
Some of the advantages of organic food are like this;
- Organic food is rich in minerals, vitamins and fibers. It retains nutrients for longer period.
- It is environmentally friendly. Organic farming protects the soil from erosion.
- It is proved by researches that the organic food contains 10 to 15% more phyto nutrients than non-organic food.
- Organic fruits and vegetables are rich sources of antioxidants; by consuming them you are blessed with the happiness of overall well being.
- Your body will be more resistant to diseases as it will have enough crucial nutrients needed to fight off infection.
- It tastes good and is free from toxins and chemicals, therefore gives you more energy.
- It minimizes the risk of several health problems. The phenolic compounds present in organic foods guards your heart against cardiovascular diseases and the risk of cancer is reduced.
- Consuming plenty of raw organic food acts as a proper remedy for the general improvement of health. Your excessive weight is reduced by eating raw organic foods. It also helps with proper digestive and bowel movements.